CIRTEN is an Interuniversity Consortium for Technological Nuclear Research, constituted in 1994 with an official act subscripted by the Rectors of six Italians Universities where there are still actives a Master Degree or Courses in Nuclear Engineering, like the following:
The Italian Universities, with CIRTEN consortium, have promoted scientific and technical research activities, which have always constituted one fundamental part of the University formation, allowing the upgrading of knowledge in the field of the Italian Nuclear Engineering.
The principal purposes are:
- Promoting the Scientific and Technological Research of Universities at National and International levels on nuclear widely discussed and adjourned issues (i.e. European - Framework Programs);
- Motivating and coordinating the Universities members of CIRTEN Consortium to achieve and maintain the current high level of knowledge in the nuclear field;
- To coordinate the participation in research programmes at National and International levels;
- To coordinate the Universities members of CIRTEN Consortium with research organisations, industry for R&S activities in the nuclear sector;
- To coordinate the Universities members of CIRTEN Consortium with Research Organization , Industry for R&D activities in the nuclear sector;
- Education and dissemination/information of knowledge in nuclear field.